Apex Officer’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and valuable software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely.
We are seeking a passionate and driven individual to join our team as a Sales Development Representative. This SDR role is an opportunity for those who aspire to become the next generation of sales leaders at Apex Officer. As you enter this position, you will get hands-on training and valuable B2G (Business to Government) sales experience that will help you build a successful career within Apex Officer and beyond.
You will act in conjunction with the other elements of the growth and deployment teams to hunt for new business within specific territories and qualify inbound inquiries. You will be the first point of contact for prospective customers and should have experience creating relationships and building a base of contacts that will ultimately drive sales.
What you can expect to work on:
- Efficiently converting prospects to qualified leads to opportunities and finally to revenue-generating clients by filtering them through various criteria, such as Budget, Authority, Need, and Timeline.
- Engaging with customers across agency sizes and types to determine their needs and to find opportunities to fulfill those needs with Apex Officer’s training solutions.
- Meeting and exceeding daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly targets, including pipeline generation and activity based targets; accurately forecasting pipeline generation.
- Leveraging best-in-class sales and communication tools to accelerate lead generation and to maintain a high daily activity, minimum ~65–100 activities/day.
- Professionally communicating with prospects via phone and email on a constant basis.
- Working towards a worthwhile mission with a team of friendly and intelligent coworkers.
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- 2+ years in an entry-level sales role, managing an inside sales quota; telephone experience preferred.
- Demonstrated sales experience prospecting and qualifying lead for SaaS solutions.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Google Suite Applications.
- Experience with or an interest in working with Hubspot CRM.
- Basic familiarity with cloud-based applications.
- An interest in GovTech and modernizing the public safety space.
- Willingness to empathize with users who may be unlike yourself.
- Coming to work with an open mind and leaving your ego at the door.
- Ownership over your own work and a commitment to every part of a task, from big picture to small details.
- An attitude that is self-motivated, humble, detail oriented, and committed to quality.
What you can expect from us:
- Building front line sales skills for telephone-based sales.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment with various Apex Officer teams, such as Account Executives, Marketing, Implementation, and Customer Success.
- Opportunities for career growth in an environment where your achievements will be celebrated.
- Gain fluency in enterprise software products and government sales best practices.
- Direct support and mentorship from more senior members of the sales team.
- A team that respects and embraces your ideas.
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain.
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering law enforcement, first responders, and other government agencies via mission-critical software products.