Sales Director — Northeast USA
Apex Officer mission is to use 21st-century technology to solve longstanding problems in policing and public safety. Our team builds powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely.
We’re a team of former police officers, entrepreneurs, engineers, veterans, and sales professionals, driven to bring valuable technology solutions to the law enforcement market.
Apex Officer is looking for a motivated, creative, and proactive Regional Sales Director to join the Sales Team in a dynamic start-up environment. This is a job for someone who has several years of experience being responsible for the entire sales cycle in a B2B market. Our perfect candidate has experience selling a SaaS product to the law enforcement market.
You will report to the VP of Sales Operations. You will be the main point of contact with our customers in the sales process.
This position requires intense proactivity, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to get others excited about a concept.
What you can expect to work on
- Meet weekly and monthly business goals for call/email volume and demos.
- Meet monthly quota requirements.
- Perform outbound marketing and lead generation.
- Travel to trade shows and conferences, connecting with new and current customers. Other responsibilities would include booth set-up, conference prep, and tear-down.
- Respond to inbound leads via phone and email as quickly as possible.
- Schedule intro calls with interested customers, qualify, and deliver demos of our virtual reality training platform.
- Create customized proposals.
- Become a fanatic about our customer base. Learn everything you can about them before you speak to them, and use your knowledge to provide customized solutions.
- Effectively convey benefits of the software platform and connect those benefits to real problems the customer may be having.
- Travel to and present to command-staff in police departments around the USA.
- Answer sales phone calls and emails as the primary POC.
- Design innovative and creative ways to better convey the value we provide to the customer.
- Constantly search for methods of improvement through technology and process innovation.
- Track all activities in our sales CRM, Hubspot.
- Assist with creating email campaigns, white papers, blog posts, and other sales material.
- Travel 25% — 50% of the time.
What we expect from you
You may fit our job requirement if you:
- Have 5+ years experience in SaaS sales, particularly in the law enforcement or government sectors.
- Have demonstrated the ability to hit and exceed a quota.
- Have a hunter mentality: you want to do whatever it takes to connect with customers.
- Have experience presenting conceptual sales and quickly connect with customers on issues they care about.
- Love speaking with customers on a daily basis. You want to help uncover problems, find solutions, and foster great relationships.
- Are a positive influence on others and you bring that positive energy to your work.
- Come up with out-of-the-box ideas to improve your world.
- Don’t sit back and wait for direction to try something new; you’re constantly looking to improve yourself and your company.
What you can expect from us
- Constant collaboration with numerous APEX Officer teams, including Customer Support, Implementation, Product, and Engineering.
- A team that respects and embraces your ideas and expertise.
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain.
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering public safety and government agencies.
- Related job training, professional mentorship, and regular feedback with company leadership.
- Opportunity to grow in this role and take on more responsibility.
- Competitive salary, sales commission, and incredible benefits.
Apply to this job if you have
- A Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance.
- 5+ years of experience in a quota-carrying SaaS sales role.
- Experience working with law enforcement. We help the people who protect and serve, and that’s near to our hearts.
- A passion for technology. You read tech blogs, you constantly try new apps, and look for technology solutions in your own life.
We’re changing how law enforcement interacts with their customers, and we need your help to do that! We can’t wait to hear from you.
Interested? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Apex Officer
Apex Officer is an international provider of virtual reality training simulators for the law enforcement, military, first responders and educational markets. The company’s proprietary technologies, software and scenarios provide intense virtual reality de-escalation training, judgmental use of force training, marksmanship training, crisis intervention training and related training that mimics real-world situations.
Learn more about Apex Officer at https://www.ApexOfficer.com
Looking for more information? Check out these links:
Learn more about Apex Officer’s Core Values.
Learn more about Apex Officer and why we created this platform.
Learn more about Apex Officer’s offices and locations.
Learn more about Apex Officer’s career opportunities.
Learn more about Apex Officer’s meaning and purpose.