Apex Officer is seeking a new gunsmith and firearm specialist to join our Las Vegas-based team and work on our Apex Arsenal product line. This is a hands-on position, in which you will be working with a team of mechanical and electrical Engineers and outside contractors to develop an array of core products as well as accessories. You will work with various departments to plan how hardware engineering can best execute in order to support the objectives of sales, marketing, operations, and customer service.
Apex Officer is the #1 virtual reality training simulator for police, military, and first responder training.
What you can expect to work on:
- Design new firearm products from concept to production.
- Assemble, manufacturer, and modify firearms to work with the Apex Officer training simulator.
- General shop work (i.e. parts design, barrel fitting, soldering, welding, and custom stock making).
- Work closely with QA and Program Management to develop standardized hardware development methodologies and processes.
- Partner with Operations and QA to ensure products are designed for manufacturability, testability, and ease of assembly.
- Work with vendors to ensure components meet or exceed design goals.
- Collaborate with operations and vendors to cost down designs to deliver products at or below target cost.
- Participate in meetings to set company strategy and assess progress towards business goals.
What we expect from you:
- High school diploma.
- Must know how to handle and operate a gun and firearm.
- Understanding of the various assembly requirements.
- Must be able to turn an idea into reality.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Professional level communication skills.
- Ability to quickly and innovatively react to changes and problems that occur in our product development process.
- Experience taking hardware products from prototype stage to full production.
What you can expect from us:
- Constant collaboration with numerous Apex Officer teams, including Customer Support, Implementation, Product, and Engineering.
- A team that respects and embraces your ideas and expertise.
- Coworkers that are motivated by pursuing excellence, rather than the prospect of personal gain.
- A workplace dedicated to supporting and bettering public safety and government agencies.
- Related job training, professional mentorship, and regular feedback with company leadership.
- Opportunity to grow in this role and take on more responsibility.
- Competitive salary, goal and milestone bonuses, and incredible benefits.
Apply to this job if you have:
- Possession of at least a high school diploma is required and a post-secondary degree is preferred (but not a deal breaker).
- A desire to work with law enforcement and first responders. We help the people who protect and serve, and that’s near to our hearts.
- A passion for firearms and technology.
We’re changing how law enforcement interacts with their customers, and we need your help to do that! We can’t wait to hear from you.
Interested? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Apex Officer
Apex Officer is an international provider of virtual reality training simulators for the law enforcement, military, first responders and educational markets. Apex Officer’s proprietary training technologies, software, and scenarios provide intense virtual reality de-escalation training, judgmental use of force training, firearms and marksmanship training, crisis intervention training, and related training that mimics real-world situations.
Learn more about Apex Officer and our immersive virtual reality training solutions for police officers and law enforcement agencies on our website: https://www.ApexOfficer.com
Looking for more information? Check out these links:
Learn more about Apex Officer’s Core Values.
Learn more about Apex Officer’s offices and locations.
Learn more about Apex Officer’s career opportunities.